About the job
We are in the business of solving problems and digitizing the property restoration, insurance claims industry.
RocketPlan was built to provide the best employee experience, thus enabling restoration professionals to complete their work in less time; maximizing operational efficiencies directly benefiting the bottom line.
We are seeking to hire a new team member to join us on a full-time basis. You will be part of a small team developing the core technology of our platform. We are not looking for “ninja’s”, “wizards”, or “hyperbolic pseudonyms”, we are looking for experience, a great attitude and the ability to write clean, reliable and SOLID code.
As a Laravel/PHP developer, you will be creating powerful, flexible, highly scalable APIs and developing various backend systems and operations. You will be responsible for implementing new features and integrations as well as supporting our existing functionality. You will also join us in sprint planning and retrospectives and have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on our tech stack.
What we are looking for
- Experience in backend systems and API development
- Solid knowledge of PHP
- Solid knowledge of Laravel (minimum of 2 years)
- Advanced knowledge of MySQL or similar relational database systems
- Excellent REST API understanding
- Excellent understanding of OOP concepts
- Excellent understanding of software design patterns
- Excellent time management skills
- Expertise in building automated unit test scripts, or better yet TDD
- Autonomous, yet knows when to seek support from peer
- Constantly seeking to optimize processes and outcomes
- Have a keen eye for detail
What you must have
- Willing to work remotely
- Live in North America (preference given to Canada)
- Ability to be on video chat daily (standups/planning meetings)
What is nice to have
- A background in Computer/Software Engineering or Computer Science is preferred, but we’re open to non-conventional degrees and education if abilities can be demonstrated
- Experience in developing with Agile methodologies, MVP development and working with start-up mindset
- Experience with CD/CI tools, such as Jenkins, Docker, Terraform and more
- Experience with AWS
We want to keep the process as quick and painless as possible for both sides. We enjoy mutual conversations and since this is a technical role, please be prepared to do a deep dive into the technology you have worked on.