If you are into programming, working in small teams, and solving complex problems using the latest in Cloud, Mobile, and Web technologies, SPARK Business Works is the company for you. We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to architect and implement a scalable product. This is an opportunity to expand your product and domain knowledge, gain direct client exposure, grow yourself, and your team members.
As Full Stack Developer, you will work in a collaborative team environment where you’ll work with developers and systems analysts’ to develop, design, and implement applications for clients. You will be a valued contributor on an agile software development team creating custom products. Your work will impact every stage of the development cycle, from design to coding, to testing and implementation. You will learn and exercise a broad range of development skills, while also leveraging your interpersonal skills to work with your team and the other SPARK teammates. Your expertise and opinions will be valued and integral to the success of the team.
MAJOR TASKS PERFORMED
- Work with SPARK development team to architect, execute, deploy, and maintain web and mobile applications. Must be able to upgrade, code, test, debug, and maintain a wide array of software.
- Participate in Sprint planning, review, and retrospective.
- Work with the product development team to write, develop, and maintain high-quality code components.
- Participate in development by actively writing code, conducting unit testing, performing code reviews.
- Creates a testing environment with detailed test plans to technical specifications and test cases based on software/hardware requirements to determine bugs and whether the product improves efficiencies.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects within delivery timelines constraints.
- Analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems. Write technical specifications for the team to execute the work and guide others as needed.
- Prepare systems specifications, project plans, and other internal documents. Ensure users and partners understand the nature of work being performed, as well as timeframes and milestones. Provide regular status updates to the team.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- BA/BS in computer science, computer or software engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development roles working through the design, development, release cycle, deliverables, and evaluation of software products to market.
- Experience with SaaS and/or semi-custom products.
- Product and Team management experience is a plus.
- Full Stack Development - Participate in development by actively writing code, conducting unit testing, performing code reviews.
- Implement and manage Version Control (GIT).
- Experience with managing the development of SaaS and cloud-based applications.
- Confident with semi-custom, modularized, or templated products that have different clients with unique settings and use cases.
- Relevant experience with operating systems (Linux), Windows, Web-Services, and REST APIs.
- Solid foundational understanding of relational databases (MSSQL, MYSQL, NoSQL).
- Solid grasp of Data structures and Algorithms.
- Exposure to the following: PHP, Codeigniter, Node, Java, Python.
- Experience with mobile development and/or Progressive Web Apps.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud platform.
- Experience with designing scalable and distributed systems.
- Confident developing features to enhance the user experience.
- A motivated, self-starter who needs minor supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and work with multiple product teams to meet the deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail - a problem solver!
- Creativity and willingness to think outside the box.
- Energized working in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Passionate about programming and loves building real-life problems for individuals and businesses.
- Values self-improvement and learning to become the best version of you!